A whole family of four has been reported burnt to death in Bariga, Lagos fire.
According to close sources, it was an overnight fire that occurred at the family’s No. 13, Buraimoh street, Bariga area of Lagos State that killed them. The family of four is simply identified as the Eze’s family.
The Director of Lagos State Fire Service, Mr Rasak Fadipe, confirmed the incident on Wednesday in Lagos.
Fadipe said the incident occurred at about 2.48 a.m.
Mr Fadipe said personnel of the service got to the scene of the incident as soon as they got information about the fire, but that due to the double burglary irons on the door and window of the apartment, they were unable to reach the victims quickly.
“The apartment is a chemist store. The father, mother, and two children of ages five and eight were found dead inside the store.
“We advise that although one needs security in his or her house or business place, it should not be to the detriment of the people.
“Members of the family should always know the exit of their apartment whenever there is an emergency,” the director said.
Some eyewitnesses disclosed that the deceased woman was pregnant and that the fire started after electricity supply was restored to the area.
Others believed that the fire was caused by candlelight.
Need a blog? Need help setting it up? Let’s do the heavy lifting for you, let’s set it up for you, for FREE! Click here.
Be 1st to know! Join over 8000+ others receiving our latest news, job vacancies, and other cool stuff direct to their inbox.
Powered by Best Social Sharing Plugin for WordPress Easy Social Shre Buttons